2. Information we collect
We will clearly indicate the personal information that we ask you to provide and the reasons for its collection.
If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information such as your name, email address, phone number, and the contents of your message and/or attachments, as well as any other information that you choose to provide.
3. How we use your information
We make use of the information we gather in a variety of ways, including:
• To run our site and provide our services, we must gather some user data about you. This includes providing you with the option to sign up for a newsletter that will send you promotional offers that you have explicitly asked. That's how we make good on our promises to you in the contract.
• We also use your data to personalize the content you receive. By analyzing your activities on our site, we can understand the types of offers you're interested in and present the most relevant ones to you. We do this to further our legitimate interests in showing customers offers that are most relevant to them.
• We communicate with you through email newsletters and push notifications to let you know about our offers and promotions. We do this to further our business interests in engaging with our customers, or with your consent, where required by law. You can unsubscribe or opt out of different types of emails in your account settings.
• If you give your consent to marketing, you can withdraw it at any time.
• When you contact us, we use personal data in your communication to respond to you and provide our services to you in accordance with the terms and conditions.
• We use your personal data to deliver personalized advertising on our site and on third-party websites, relying on your consent or our legitimate interests.
• We use technologies to gather statistical information about how people use our site and share it with the brands we work with to give them feedback. This information does not directly identify any person, and we use personal data in this way to meet our legitimate interests in improving our site and services.
4. Log Files
theDiscountCodes website uses standard log files as part of its hosting services' analytics. Like many other websites, when visitors access the website, log files collect certain information such as the internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. This information is not linked to any personally identifiable information. The purpose of collecting this information is to analyze trends, administer the site, track users' movement on the website, and gather demographic information.
5. Cookies and Web Beacons
Cookies are used on theDiscountCodes, just like they are on every other website. These cookies are used to store information, such as the preferences of visitors and the pages on the website that visitors access or view. The information that is stored includes both of these pieces of data. This information is used to personalise the content of our web pages for visitors based on the type of browser they use and/or any other information that may have been provided by those visitors.
6. Google DoubleClick DART Cookie
7. Advertising Partners
8. Advertising Partners Privacy Policies
The Privacy Policies for each of the advertising partners of theDiscountCodes are listed on this list, which you can refer to.
Note that theDiscountCodes has no access to or control over these cookies that are used by third-party advertisers.
9. Automated Decisions:
We want to assure our users that we do not use their personal data to make any automated decisions that could have a significant impact on them. We believe in transparency and fairness in all our data processing activities.
10. Retention of Personal Data:
To ensure that we only keep personal data for as long as necessary, we have implemented a routine deletion process. We delete personal data of users who have not interacted with our Website, App, Browser Extension, or Emails for more than 30 months. We also delete location data after 2 months from creation. Such data will be deleted during the next routine deletion following the relevant period, which will be within 90 days. We also delete any photos collected for verification purposes no more than 7 days after verification.
11. Retention of Consent Data:
We keep details of users' consent to our processing of their personal data and their privacy rights (including any deletion requests) for compliance with privacy laws. This helps us ensure that we are meeting our obligations and responsibilities under applicable privacy laws.
12. Other Websites Links
We do not manage, regulate, or take responsibility for the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third-party websites or services.
13. Third Party Privacy Policies
You can choose to disable cookies through your individual browser options. To know more detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers, it can be found at the browsers' respective websites.
14. Opting Out of Marketing Communications
If you have given us your consent to receive marketing communications, we may send you emails and/or notifications (depending on your preferences) that contain our latest promotional offers, deals, and codes that we believe may be of interest to you.
You have the right to withdraw your consent for email marketing communications (i.e. unsubscribe) at any time. To do so, you can use either of the following methods:
Click the "Unsubscribe" link in any marketing email you receive from us.
Alternatively, you may also withdraw your consent by contacting our support team via email at [email protected]. Please note that it may take up to two working days for your request to be processed in all of our systems.
15. GDPR Data Protection Rights
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
We want to make sure that you are completely informed of all of your rights in relation to data protection. Each user has the following rights:
The privilege of access You are entitled to obtain copies of your personal data upon request. We might charge a nominal fee on you for this service.
The right for correction - You have the right to ask us to change any data you think is inaccurate. Also, you have the right to ask that we complete any information that you believe is missing.
The right to erasure - In some circumstances, you have the right to ask that we delete your personal details.
The right to request a restriction on processing - Under certain situations, you have the right to ask that we stop using your personal data for specified purposes.
The right to object to processing - For some cases, you have the right to object to the way we are using your personal information.
The right to data portability - In several scenarios, you have the right to ask that we transfer the data we have gathered to another company or to you directly.
As in case that you submit a request, we have one month to answer. Please get in touch with us if you want to exercise any of these rights.
16. Children's Information
Adding protection for kids using the internet is another one of our priorities. We urge parents and guardians to keep an eye on, engage in, monitor, and/or direct their children's internet behaviour.
Children under the age of 13 cannot willfully provide theDiscountCodes with any Personal Identifiable Information. We firmly advise you to notify us immediately if you believe that your child provided this kind of information on our website. We will make every attempt to rapidly erase such information from our database.
If you have any questions about this policy or would like to request a previous version, please contact us using the details provided in the "Contact Us" section of this policy.
Effective date: 31st Dec 2022.
18. Contact Us
Don't waste time hunting for deals - let our smartsaver browser extension do it for you.
Be one of the many people who have already discovered the benefits of our free extension by downloading it today.Get Extension